Sunday, April 20, 2008

Paparazzi

Can't stop snapping pictures! Help!

A corvette pulled up in front of the neighbor's house and I set the camera to continuous shoot and totally pulled a paparazzi. The pictures were exactly like those you see of celebrities where they are coming out a building and if you flashed them quickly by it would almost be like a movie.

Until the neighbor girl looked and noticed me in the window. Then I fell to the floor laughing hysterically! Cool I am. Truly.

I deleted the pictures though without selling them to a rag so I guess I really am not a true paparazzi.

I took over 200 pictures over the last couple of days and have been playing with all the settings. I haven't quite figured them all out yet but the kids have been great guniea pigs and are willing to do just about anything.

Here are a few of my favourites.






This last one make me very happy because Jack always puts a fake smile on when I ask him to pose. THIS is his real smile and it is so much different! And now? I have a camera that can take pictures quickly so I can capture it.

Excuse the weird cropping I did, I was trying to minimize the view of the wall where you can see my wipe marks. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE EGGSHELL FINISH PAINT. Ever. Period. See above noted picture.

I have more that I wanted to upload but Blogger is cranky tonight. Off to not do any work and hang out with my handsome hubby!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um. We have eggshell paint on our walls.

HATE IT.

LOVING your shots though. WOOHOO for a great camera!!

Laski said...

Yay for the camera!!! Great pics. You may have a new career ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! I had to giggle at the thought of you snapping pics of the neighbour's car and then falling down when spotted!! ROFL!

Homegrown Tribe said...

you're so funny. picture taking is addicting sometimes. :)

Brittany

Cecily R said...

Okay, I LOVE your close ups. I get all happy when I get real smiles out of my kids too.

I SO wish I was there for your Paparazzi moment. Hysterical.

And color me SUPER jealous that you have a fast shutter speed. It's all I want lately!!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

No eggshell. Check. Thanks for the heads up!

Natalie said...

wow...love the pictures...here wishing that i had your camera and you had some of this HEAT we are getting. ugh. it is supposed to be 85F today with lots of humidity!

Lori said...

you are getting great with the new camera... and hey as long as the boys aren't ready to beat you with the camera I say keep snapping pics!

stop by my blog... there is something there for you

Unknown said...

great pictures and woohoo for new camera~!!!

Laura B. said...

Awesome! Do play around with no flash shots...they're a lot softer. Also, you'll want to invest in a version of Photoshop. It's all downhill from here, Kami! I've already got my eye on a Lensbaby. *sigh*

Kellan said...

Congrats on gett your new camera. Those are great pictures! Enjoy it! See you soon - Kellan

Unknown said...

Tim was making fun of me this weekend because I kept taking pictures of "whatever." I love it!
Sounds and looks like you are having a great time with that new camera.

Great shots!

Karen MEG said...

Kami, you are hilarious, girl! Paparazzi indeed... but obviously you're having fun with it! The subjects of course, are wonderful!

Hope you're dug out of all that storm ... I feel for you, girlfriend! It is SPRING, dang-it!!

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Oh Kami it looks like you are having so much fun, I love it! I am so happy for you I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

YAY for your new camera. I still love mine two years later (although it is a Nikon, not Canon, but DSLR is what I love).

And eggshell?? I thought I had eggshell on my walls here, and have no problem wiping them, I will have to double check that...