Thursday, December 06, 2007

Suspicious minds!

Teeni tagged me with this meme a couple of days ago. Here are the rules:

Write a list of things of which you are suspicious. Any number of them will do. Even the number 0 works. This is the first meme that can be done without even doing it. In fact, you’re doing it right now.

1)Include the list of rules, if you feel like it.
2) Link back to the person who tagged you. Or not.
3) Tag however many people you want to tag. You can skip this step.
4) If you acted on rule four, leave comments on their websites to let them know that they have been tagged. This step is also completely optional.
5) Feel fantastic.

So in no particular order, here are things that make me go Hmmmmm….

1) When my computer randomly locks up. Or my email quits working. Or when your comments from here don’t end up in my mail box, like for the last three days for example. My theory is there is some computer gnome who steals my comments and messes with my system. My message to the gnome is:

“DO you know what this does to me? Do you? Do you really understand how crazy it makes me?”

Right, so that’s probably why you do it then? Good, glad we got that cleared up but let me tell you, one day, I am gonna get you.

And get you good. Consider this your warning.

2) Crunchie bars. I mean, what is that stuff in the middle? Is it Styrofoam? The stuff you stick flower arrangements into? What?

All’s I know is that it ain’t food.

3) People who enjoy going to the dentist. What is it that you enjoy exactly? The swank paper bib that you have to wear like your 6 months old and you drool? The demeaning experience of having a piece of plastic draped over your mouth? The sharp tools in close proximity to your eyes?

What?

Seriously, you need to go talk to someone about that. It’s just not normal.

4) Teletubbies . Need I say more?

5) When it’s quiet in the house and we are all home and the TV is NOT on. That’s just bad news, my friends, bad news.

And I am feeling fantastic! My work here is done.

12 comments:

Kellan said...

I totally agree with #5 and this, "I mean, what is that stuff in the middle? Is it Styrofoam?" had me laughing out loud - too funny! You are a hoot. Take care, Kellan

Anonymous said...

I never knew what that was in the Cruchie bars, either!

Conor

Anonymous said...

I wonder if a Crunchie bar is like a Nestle Crunch? I like rice crispy things in my candy bar but I'm not sure if that is the same as what you are talking about. LOL. There are people who ENJOY going to the dentist? I have a nice dentist and all, but it is still no walk in the park. I'm terrified every time I have to go. -Eeep! ;)

Anonymous said...

but i like the dentist does that earn me a spot on your 'suspicious people ' list????? lol just kidding with that question not about the liking th dentist part.my dentist is cool i would go there everyday if i could!!!! now doctors are what I HATE1

Angella said...

I. Hate. The. Dentist.

People LIKE the dentist?

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

You crack me up :)

Unknown said...

LMAO. Love your list, those are great.

Yeah, WHO LOVES THE DENTIST *looks around*

Ok, I do, I do. It's not that "swanky pink bib" either. Nor is my dentist a McSteamy or McDreamy, he is more like McDork. I just love him telling me my teeth are GREAT and I love the clean feeling I have when I leave there. Ok, I am a freak.

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

The "crunchy" stuff? It's all the cardboard boxes that we put in our recycling bins, they sell them to candy bar companies and turn it into sawdust that they then bake in our candy bars. Twix bar anyone? :) HA
BTW, I love my dentist, the sweetest man on earth, wouldn't hurt a fly, oh,yeah...and he gives me free toothbrushes and dental floss, ya gotta love that!

BeachMama said...

Sponge toffee!!! That is what is in the Crunchie bars. Oh how I love the way it sticks to your teeth. I used to buy just sponge toffee all by itself when I was a kid. Mmmm... it would go very well with my Chai Latte right now, maybe Starbucks will start selling it.

I love your post, it is very fun. And no tv on right now either, I am starting to enjoy the quietness of it all.

Anonymous said...

The Crunchie bar is like a Kiwi icon!! The stuff in the middle, we call Hokey Pokey. We even made it at school growing up!! It's just sugar, basically! And fun to make :-)

Great list though - I laughed lots.

Hoping to do mine today!

Valarie said...

LOL I love your blog. This was really funny. I have had my suspicions about the computer gnome for sometime now....

familymclean said...

Re #5-Mmmmm. sponge toffee! My mom can make it...it is soooo good!

#1-mine does that too, darn sneaky gnomes!
Great post BTW!

Kellan said...

Hey Kami - thanks for coming over and leaving such a nice comment - a you always do! You are such a part of my routine - I always look forward to visiting with you and you are always there - thank you for that. Hope you had a good weekend - see you tomorrow, my friend.