Saturday, June 23, 2007
after 3 days of 30 plus weather with little to no breeze.
However, I have found that I for the most part, I enjoy not having the A/C going. The fresh air... it's nice especially first thing in the morning. No Impact Man talks often on his blog about how simplifying you life is actually more satisfying than it is depriving and I have to agree. Having made the declaration to not turn on the A/C this summer, I have noticed just that.
We have been spending more time outside in the shade enjoying our yard or running through the sprinklers, yes, all 4 of us, it's great fun and boy do the kids love when we do things like that with them. And I get to show off the grace I developed while figure skating as a teen:
I guess the grace still hasn't quite got there but I sure know how to have fun! So I'll keep fighting the urge and turn up the sprinklers.
I also like that I don't have to go outside to warm up. Isn't it weird how in the winter we crank the heat up so it's like summer inside and then in the summer, we crank the A/C till we are a freezin' inside?
One of the great mysteries of life me thinks.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Friday, June 01, 2007
1) Turn on the TV in the hopes that almost 3 year old will remain entertained for the duration of the call
2) Shush him silently, repeatedly, while still trying to carry on an intelligent conversation after TV fails to entertain after a mere 5 min
3) Continue to shush him silently while he serenades you with Jingle Bells at the top of his lungs in the SAME room you are on the phone
4) Get more dramatic with your silent shushing… (sword across neck) while he takes up the drums on a tin canister you have as décor in your office
5) Run him upstairs to the bathroom when the poop dance starts
6) Give him some privacy to do his business and run back down to office to look at the subject of conversation on computer screen
7) Run back up (try to not pant audibly into phone) to wipe butt
8) Ensure toilet is flushed and run out of bathroom to disguise noise
9) Cut call short with 5 min to sprint, 3 year old in stroller, to pick 5 year old up from kindergarten.
Repeat several times a week in order to develop good habits.
Me thinks it’s time for a bevie.