Tuesday, May 22, 2007
And of course I was tagged by the uber cool Angella so I have to play.
This was hard though, given my many posts about myself already.
1. The first and last time I ever got drunk to the point of blowing chunks was on my 19th birthday. I didn't particularly enjoy the chunks so I simply refuse to EVER do that again. I also did not enjoy the hangover the next day especially while working a 9 hour day at Orange Julius and getting absolutely zero sympathy from my uncle aka my boss. I know I didn’t deserve it but boy did I try to get some out of him!
It was also the first time I had ever been drunk and no Mom, I am not just saying that because you are reading this. It's the honest to goodness truth. That's how big of a geek I really am. Of course now I have no problem getting tanked all the time. In fact I am on my 8th pitcher of daiquiris right now. Well maybe that’s just wishful thinking…
2. I have never lived alone. I went from living at home to living with Jay. Well we pretended we lived in separate apartments for about 6 months but the truth was that we really couldn’t stand to be apart. Neither of us like being alone and to this day we don’t sleep well unless we are together.
3. I love animals but am horribly allergic to them especially cats and horses. Ironically enough those are my two favourite animals. I have a cat but when I moved away from home, she didn’t. I did try to integrate her into my apartments here but she was simply miserable. She was too used to having the run of my parent’s acreage and, although she would never admit it, she missed the other cat and dogs that my parents had. When I did live at home, she slept on a pillow beside my head. I would die now if she did that. I have lost all immunity that I may have once had and now she makes me itchy and stuffed up with all her hairy hair.
And my horse, well, she had to be sold when I moved here because I simply didn’t have the time or the funds to board her here. I hope to get back to horse back riding someday but not until the ch’lren are older and I have more time. Ha! I’ll let you know if that ever happens!
4. When I was in high school I wanted to be a vet which, given my allergies to animals is rather humorous now. First year biology and chemistry pretty much put that idea to rest and somehow I decided that accounting was the way to go. I know, it seems like such a stretch for geeky little me to become an accountant. Talk about stereotypical.
5. I lost both my front teeth by the age of 4. They didn’t’ get loose and fall out. Oh no. My clumsy tendencies began at an early age. I knocked the first one out when I was about 3 while riding a bike with training wheels. Only I could hit the ground with my teeth first. Where were my hands?!
And the other one came out the next summer when I was chasing a tricycle. You know those awful things that have likely since been banned? They had little spots for your feet on the back so you could stand and ride it kinda like a scooter. You don’t see those anymore do you? I know why. I missed the trike and guess what? I hit the ground. Teeth first again. By this time my parents probably thought I’d be in traction by the age of 6. It’s pretty amazing that they let me loose on down hill skis the following winter!
Anyway these two incidents resulted in me needing braces. I had a large gaping hole at the front of my mouth for several years since my adult teeth were not informed of my clutzy tendencies. I had to plug it to swallow so when my adult teeth did finally arrive after having suffered though my dad singing “All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth” for several years, I promptly pushed them out. And they had a nice gap between them too. Can you say “Nah, what’s up Doc?” So first a retainer (yes, I know, the geekiness just does not end) to retrain my tongue, then braces several years later. The good news was that I only needed braces for about 8 months. That was long enough, thank you.
6. My hands look very similar to that of an 85 year old woman. And they have since I can remember. They are very wrinkly and there are lines on them like nobody’s business. I can’t tell you how many comments I have gotten over the years. I guess as I “grow” into them, the comments will start to taper off. At least the wrinkles are on my hands not on my face. So far anyway.
7. I am always right. I couldn’t think of a seventh interesting random fact about myself so this was Jay’s idea. He likes to ask me if I ever get tired of being right. Well, no. Who would?
Kidding on the last one. Well about always being right anyway. Jay does ask me that but there are many times that he’s been right too. I just don’t like to dwell on them. That would mean I was wrong and well, somehow we don’t need to advertise that now do we?
I am supposed to tag 7 people but well, I don’t know 7 people with blogs so Candace you’re it!
Monday, May 21, 2007
1) Take note of dark storm cloud and head in that direction
2) Keep following the cloud as best you can - stay under the cloud and the trees, you will be safest there
3) When inevitable drops begin to fall keep going further into cloud
4) When drops become downpour, start jogging
5) DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT wait under large tree where it was very dry to wait it out
6) As downpour continues, start running as if it's the 100 meter dash at the Olympics
7) As you pass closest friend's last date's house, stop and ask for towels and a place to drip while waiting out the downpour
8) Try to leave and realize it hasn't let up one tinly little bit
9) Stay a bit longer having already interupted his movie, what's 10 more minutes?
10) Attempt #2 at leaving deems that it is STILL raining, albiet a bit lighter of a downpour
11) Accept ride home from date - a total of at least 6 blocks
12) Ensure you take notes of experience as it will be discussed with great humour over the next ten years or so.
Oh and ensure you are wearing a white t-shirt.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
Now if you know me, you know that I couldn't care less about the Riders. So it was time for the green monster to go.
How many times have a said green monster so far?
Yeah, lots. I like to over emphasize.
Anyway, the carpet, she had to go. It was frayed and tearing in many places and Kamden was helping the cause by ripping up loose peices. I wasn't complaining!
Here's a before picture:
Don't know what that dark spot is. Could be where I splilled battery acid... just kidding.
Here's the boys hard at working scraping the old glue and chunks of green monster off.
I should have also gotten a picture of the relief on both mine and Jay's faces when the lady who was to install the carpet stopped by Wednesday evening. She had previously told us we needed to get rid of the grooves from the old glue before we could lay the new stuff.
Well Jay started sanding on Tuesday and it was clear very fast that it was going to take at least a month of Sundays and at least that many peices of sandpaper to get it off. The glue was melting from the friction of the sander and gumming up the sandpaper.
She came right after Jay came home from work Wednesday and said, oh this is fine. Just get off the bits of old carpet.
YAHOOO! Jay and the boys finished by the time I had supper on the table and she came yesterday morning and now it looks like this:
Someday the last of the green monster will die but for now, since there is absolutely nothing wrong with the roof other than the ghastly colour, it will stay.
I like to torture green monsters, it's kind of a hobby.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Man, I hope my hair doesn't always look that good, it oughta be illegal to look THAT fabulous all the time.
By the way, this is very neat because at the beginning of the year when he was asked to draw a picture of himself, he drew a head. Only. He was telling me about it after and he noted that he didn't know how to draw anything else so he justdrew the head. Floating above grass. I almost died trying to not laugh at how cute that was. Then when I saw it hangin on the wall in the classroom, again with the holding of the laughter. What a guy. If he can't do it right, there's just no point in trying.
But my how far he's come... we also received these beauties:
I know I always like to talk about when he was younger, always comparing but it's my way of getting those memories down because they are all BTB - before the blog. Anyway, his first week of preschool, almost 3 years ago, he was supposed to use stamps to decorate a bag that would hold all of his crafts for the year. He refused to even try. NOW look at him. Stamping away on a terracotta pot like he's DaVinci or something.
Oh how my heart swells with pride.
I had a lovely afternoon visit with my favourite first born. He's a really cool kid and he's ALL mine. Okay well I do have to share him with his Daddy and grandparents but I'm his only mommy!
Happy Mother's Day!
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Eight years ago the love of my life awaited me at the end of an aisle:Dressed so handsomely in black. I was jumping with excitement to get to you so much so that I had to give the old skirt and hoop a one two kick to get it out of my way. The ceremony binding us forever to each other went by in the blink of an eye and before I knew it we had both said I do. Then we went and took about 800 pictures together.... well why not? Neither of us will EVER look that good again! Here's one of my 800 favourites:
(Now just to clarify, was this before or after the limo took off with the liquor?)
What a life it has been so far. I wouldn't change a thing. You are my everything. Without you life would cease. Well actually my sanity would cease which is really kinda the same thing. You calm me down when I get frustrated.
I am storm, you are calm.
And sometimes it's the opposite. That's one reason we work so darn well together. We compliment each other. I would not be the person I am today without you. You have taught me SO much about who I am. Weird how it takes some one else to help you see it, but it does.
And today you come home with these:
Which are somehow symbolic of our life together. Three. One for the past, one for the present and one for the future.
Here't to 80 more years of wedded bliss.
I love you Honey!