Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Happiest Place On Earth

Or not. You be the judge.

Smiley

Judging by my smile, yes, indeed it is. Or the dorkiest. Same difference?

God Bless the USA

Sunny Florida, oh how I see myself wintering here when I retire. Or next year.

I am proudly Canadian but darn it if Canada isn't synonymous with Old Man Winter.

Sea World had an Arctic Exhibit. It will come as no surprise to you that we felt right at home. In fact, they may have invited us to become part of the display.

We declined.

It was cold in there.

Daisy

Check out Kamden's wink. I think that's what he is doing anyway. We'll go with that.

McQueen!

So these two here are aged 6.5 and 9.5 years old respectively. Perfect age to tackle Disney World with all it's rides, adventurous and not so adventurous, right?

Mexico Baby!

Here's the tally so far:

Everest Adventure Roller Coaster - Kamden only, nay. The Yeti shadow scared him and he didn't like the fast parts. So, um, the whole ride then? Fail.

Journey to Atlantis water ride at Sea World - they didn't like the fall and the water. Right, so the whole ride again, pefect. FAIL.

What did they like then you might ask?

A ridiculously cheesy boat ride (my Grandma drove faster) in the Mexican Pavilion at Epcot. With cartoons of Donald Duck. He's totally Mexican, right?

Epcot Fireworks

Oh and the fireworks were too loud too, just in case you were wondering.

Pool days at the ridiculous fabulous house we rented, roaring success, Disney rides, fail.

Turns out we could have avoided shelling out for Disney tickets, who knew?

Just to be clear, we are having a great time, however, Disney and the happiest place on earth is not the center of it all. Thank goodness we opted for the house rental!

Stay tuned for the next episode, Magic Kingdom, the one where we avoid Splash Mountain like the plague.

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

sounds like a great time, the kids look thrilled...nice weather, Lightning McQueen, pool time.. what's not to love!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're still having a good time, even if the kids didn't love all of the Disney rides. I think they're pretty normal kids ... I expect mine to be a bit the same when we take them to the Gold Coast (Australia) in November, there are about 3 big theme parks and 2 water parks, and I'm thinking they may not love the rollercoasters and stuff quite as much as I do! But we'll see how it goes. I know they'll enjoy the water parks, for sure.
Hope you continue have a great time - the happiest place one earth has to be anywhere with the people you love xx

R Royal Family said...

Oh super jealous over here. Sounds fabulous...well except the parts that were a FAIL :-). Have a great rest of your holiday!

Unknown said...

Glad you're having a great time, minus the rides. ;) Wishing I could beam myself over to FL to see you...

Ashley said...

I would just like to say, I'd really appreciate it if someone could arrange to place and care for a McQueen in my front yard like that one. I mean, seriously I'd be the coolest Mom EVER if you asked my kids.

Love those photos and so glad you're having fun! It's a well deserved warm break.

Lori said...

at least you got a bit of sunshine even if they aren't fans of the big rides there is soooo much more to Disney than that

Karen MEG said...

I've always said that if we were to do Florida again, the house rental would be the way to go!

Great to see you having a wonderful break with family Kami! I've got some catching up to do blogwise...

Unknown said...

hahaha we didn't do rides when we were there a few years ago either...sight seeing at Disney, that's about what we did...but we loved it nonetheless.

AuntyTeeni said...

Oh, wow! We were just there for the holidays and I totally remember that train ride - was it Animal Kingdom or something like that? It was one sided so you could only see one side at a time when it was moving. We had a lot of fun but it was cooler then and the flowers were not all done up in Epcot. I hope you are having a wonderful time. So far, it looks like it! :) Wave to me when you pass over my state (Massachusetts) on your way home, or better yet - stop in and visit me!!!!!! :) Hugs to you, my friend.

AuntyTeeni said...

OOps - Ms. X. Posed is me - Teeni! It's my new handle for a food blog that I started with a couple of other bloggers. LOL. Sorry about that - and no, the blog is not dirty, just a little spicy! ;) It's called Sassy Simmerings so look it up if you like!

Angella said...

Envious of all of the sunshine!!

Keep having fun. :)

Debbie said...

Oh, I love Disneyworld. And you look relaxed. :)
House rental sounds like a great idea too.

Zinn said...

Wow - looks like you guys had a great time! I would love to go to Florida! Like you, I'm from Canada, and it just gets too chilly up here sometime! :P