Anywho, this is supposed to be me divulging 10 or 6 interesting/random/quirky/normal/silly things about me...things I'm looking forward to, basically whatever I want.
Cool. Permission to do a completely random post. If that isn't good, I don't know what is.
1. I think of the most interesting blog posts right before I fall asleep. By morning? They have disappeared into the night along with my dreams (never remember those either). Except that one where I was kissing Joshua Jackson. Now that I remember. Don't worry, in my dream I was not married to my Jay, if I had been, there would have been no kissing of Joshua or anyone else.
2. I am a million contradictions. I want to be less about getting more stuff and more about living life but also? I love to shop and get new stuff. I want to spend more time with my kids doing things together but I seem to spend more time doing other things while they amuse themselves. I want to spend more time with my friends but I also want to spend more time with my husband. The list is endless...I have just never been good at being all one thing or another...just a big 'ol mix mash of a million different things.
3. I love to travel. I have a list of many, many places that I want to go, including in no particular order.... Hawaii (surfs up dude!), Jamaica, the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore (Badlands), DisneyWorld again with my boys, New Zealand, Eastern Canada, specifically Nova Scotia (Hi Conor! Honest, we'll come someday)....and when the boys are grown up I want to travel Europe with Jay and see Italy (and eat too!), Paris, London, random castles with tonnes of history in the country side, the South of France... the list is endless really.
4. I love being at home. Yet another contradiction....maybe it just means I am well balanced? No? Well humour me at least a little.... I work at home and am also a stay at home Mom. I love being at home and love even more coming home after I've been away, whether it be a day or a week. I have always felt this way. Home is my safe place, the place where I can be me and most importantly be surrounded by those who I love the most in the world. And also? It's were my bed is and my bed is my favourite thing in the entire universe.
5. I have the annoying habit of not looking people in the eyes when I am talking to them. I find it hard to concentrate when I do...I look up or away as I talk. I know it's rude but I just can't help myself. I feel like they can see into my soul and that maybe they won't like what I see. Gee, do you think I need therapy or what?
6. I seem to have a knack for remembering people however I always think there isn't much chance they will remember me. I am the person who heard myself described as a wallflower more times than I can count after all.... To avoid the embarrassing situation of them having no recollection of having ever met me, I pretend I don't see them unless they say something first. Yup, I really do need therapy. It's official.
7. I have the tendency to interrupt people, just ask my friends, I do it all the time. I try really hard to stop myself but if I think of something interesting to say I will just blurt it out. Interesting is likely a matter of opinion of course. It must be so frustrating to others and I need to curb this habit. Pronto. Honestly, if I were to psychoanalyze, and I will, I think it's the wallflower thing again...yes, I am milking that excuse for all it's worth.
8. Thankfully I don't take myself too seriously. Really, making fun of myself is a hobby, if you can't laugh at yourself then you should likely expect others to. I am also very hard on myself and like to point out my faults endlessly. This likely won't surprise you if you have read this post!
9. Money doesn't motivate me. Granted, I have never really wanted for much, my parents gave us a fabulous life. However, we never were overindulged. Growing up we didn't get every little thing we wanted, though some might argue against that, Mom I am looking at you. But seriously, we had to help around the house and to treat our parents with respect. Nothing that every kid shouldn't have to do, in my opinion. I think we were taught to respect money, not covet it. I see so many people working like slaves to support their lifestyle and I just don't want that for our family. I value my time with my family far more than having a brand new $500,000 house, big screen TV, WII, whatever the thing of the moment might be. This is something Jay and I agree on wholly. For the most part, our family time come before the opportunity to make a few bucks. I feel that this is something that our parents instilled in us and for that I am grateful. We don't live high off the hog but we have a fantastic life and we fully believe that having it all in terms of stuff, will not make us any happier than we are right now. If I can teach one thing to my kids, it is this, money does not equal happiness and you are the one who holds the key to your own happiness.
10. Phew. Maybe this is more than anyone ever cared to know about me! Let's lighten up this meme a bit now shall we? Next on my list of top 10 things about me is that friends are like flowers in the garden of life. Whew, where did that come from? St. Daniel School cica 1985 I think. I remember the choir teacher singing it. She had a beautiful voice and when she sang, I could see a silver plate on the roof of her mouth from my perch on the gym floor. It's funny that this phrase has stuck with for more than 20 years. But it's really true isn't it? Family is precious but friends are too.
And the tagging part? Well I never know who to tag and who not to, so I am not going to. I think many people have done one like this already so if you ahven't and you want to, please do. And come tell me about it so I can read it.
Love and hugs to all!