Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back in '99

In honour of SuperMommy’sWedding Carnival. I am inviting you to our wedding! I saw you roll your eyes, don't make me come over there.

Almost 10 years ago, a girl named Kami and a boy named Jay finally, after almost 5 years of dating, got hitched. On the way to the church I was peaceful. Ready to take this big leap into married life. Jenelle (left) and Michelle (right) are just waiting for the drinks and dancing to begin. Can you blame them? So far the day has consisted of getting up way too early and getting hair and make up done. When is the fun going to start already?

Well what about the fun we had last night? Remember that? You know, my 25th birthday/rehearsal party? My soon to be dear husband didn't want my momentous birthday to be forgotten. And the best way to make sure of that was, of course, to hire a singing cowboy. Yes, that's right folks, I said, a singing cowboy. Because a cowboy on his own is not all that memorable, most likely better looking, but not nearly as memorable.

See my almost dear hubby trying to ensure he doesn't steal the limelight from me? He's great like that. How did I get him back? Well I tried to stab him in the cheek with my fork at dinner, how else?
Actually, he might have got me too. We were ready to be married, we had the bickering down pat from day one. Score one for us.

After we said I do, we walked up the isle. I don't think I was forced to kick my hoop out of the way that time, going down the isle, well that was another story. Nothing a quick hoof didn't fix. It was that or fall flat on my face. I never said I was graceful.

Don't I look elated? Um Jay, could you not start asking where the beer is already, we haven't even made it out of the church yet. Sheesh.



On second thought, you better get one each to your parents, stat! They are mortified by what has just occurred. He married THAT? What has he done?



Oh boy, they are dropping like flies. My parents don't look any too impressed either. Beers all around! That should solve that issue. Stat.


The flower girls (maid of honour, center, Cathy) seem to have this drinking thing down pat. They are smiling on the outside, on the inside? Bored to tears. How many photo shoots do they have planned? Hand me another cooler, stat!

And of course to top off the night, there was the traditional throwing of the bouquet - it was completely destroyed, apparently there were some desparate single women in the crowd. No pictures to protect the innocent. Or guilty. Whatever.

Last but not least, the the throwing of the garter. Maybe this is a Canadian thing but the groom is not allowed to use his hands to remove the garter.

I am pretty sure he licked my leg. My consolation, mouthful of nylons.

Wedded bliss, what a way to get started.

(if you want to read some likely less sarcastic posts about me and mine, see our story, 8th anniversary and 9th anniversary)

Photobucket

21 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

Aracely said...

You guys look great, including singing cowboy.
The shot of the parents are hilarious, they must have picked up the tab right? ;-)


Thanks so much for having me Kams, I had a lovely time.

Hannah said...

So funny!!! Love that you told the story through the photos, and chose some of the "less perfect" shots (like grumpy-looking parents, who I'm sure were NOT grumpy on the day) and made them part of the story too. I really felt like I was at your wedding - YAY!

Anti-Supermom said...

I got a little teary eyed when he started to lick your leg - how romantic.

Looks like a great wedding, most importantly - fun.

Thanks for inviting me :)

Angella said...

I loved seeing these!

You were as beautiful then as you are now :)

Unknown said...

lol...great pictures...

You look exactly the same, haven't aged a bit...brat. ;)

Kami said...

Aww, you guys are so cute :) You looked beautiful, I love the detail on the top of your dress. Happy almost anniversary, too, and congrats on 10 years!! John and I have our 4th ann. on 4/30.

Anonymous said...

Great post!!! The real wedding was even more exciting then these pictures and I really want to congratulate the photograph who got the awesome candid shots of the parents!!! What keepsakes they are.
Love Ma and Pop

BeachMama said...

We are celebrating our 10th in a couple of weeks too! You guys look fantastic and you still look the same, gotta love it!

Congrats!

Karen MEG said...

Thanks for the invitation, Kami, it was a lovely, lovely time. You and the man were glowing... and you haven't changed one bit!!! The commentary was hilarious, as usual :).

The photos of the parents and in-laws were great! Sexay garter shot too ;)

Ed said...

Wow, 10 years!! That's almost a decade!

Happy Anniversary.

Ashley said...

What a great post! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Loukia said...

Just stopping by to say hello! ;)

Great post, too. Nice trip down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

great post kami. you guys look just as happy now as you did back in the day! it was an awesome wedding! thanks for inviting us.
jackie

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Happy Anniversary!

Dennis and Leslie said...

You look beautiful! Now I'm hungry for wedding cake...

Kristin said...

So fun to see these pictures, the commentary is killing me and the parent photos!!

R Royal Family said...

What a great trip down memory lane. You two are a remarkable couple. I loved the cowboy ;-)

Jen said...

The grumpy parent pics cracked me up. Actually the bridesmaids and their beer and the garter picture were pretty funny too. Great wedding post!!

Laski said...

I am such a sucker for wedding photos. Lovin' the shots of the 'rents. CLASSIC!

AuntyTeeni said...

HAHAHA! I love this! These are pics you haven't posted before and I love seeing your wedding photos! Hey, look at that! There is a bit of baby fat on your cheeks at your wedding that you don't have any more! Most brides gain weight after the wedding but I think you are thinner now. You are my hero. Seriously.