Things that are making my heart sing of late:
- Waking up to the cool, fresh summer breeze drifting in through the open window
- taking my eight year old son into my lap to comfort him while he's sick, I can't help but wonder how much longer I will have the privilege
- the flowers blooming in the yard, there is nothing more soothing to than flowers I planted and nurtured myself
- waking inexplicably in the night, sensing the need to check on my almost five year old's fever, pulling him into my arms and feeling the searing heat coming from his body, knowing I can make it all okay
- crawling back into bed on the fourth day Jack is home sick with the flu, knowing that my boys will safely amuse themselves while I rest in the hopes that the migraine that is just below the surface will retreat
- the pride at how Jack is handling the fact that he has missed play day, ice cream day, a trip to the pool and bowling/pizza/movie day with his class because he is sick
- spending an hour with a good cup of coffee, a good book and a comfy chair on our screened in (NO BUGS!) deck
- disovering not one but two methods by which I can create keepsakes of my photos and blog posts, thanks ladies! Shutterfly which allows you to copy in your photos and the text if you wish to creat a beautiful bound book or Blog2Print which does all the work for you and compiles the posts (by the dates of your choice) into a bound book or a downlowdable electronic version
May you all take the time to enjoy the simple things this weekend and enjoy time with your favourite Daddy (yours or your kids or better yet, both) this weekend.
And what is making your heart sing this fine summer (or winter if you're Southern hemisphere) day?