Friday, April 08, 2011

I Miss This

I started blogging way back in March 2006 (wow, 5 years ago, time flies). For the next several years, I was an avid blogger, posting on this, that and everthing in between.

I loved it.
I developed a love of writing, of expressing myself. This, considering in my previous life I had despised any form of expressing my thoughts in any form of coherant manner, was no small acheivement.

Tiger Lily



2010 saw dramatic decreases in my post numbers. My heart just was not in it in anymore. I don't know why.

And now that I am working far more, my desire to blog has waned even further. It took me a week to post our vacation post, for goodness sake.

The other day, Kamden needed to bring a story about when he was a baby to school. The first place we looked to find one was in the blog book from 2006.

We laughed. We cried (from laughing so hard). And we lauged some more. (My writing was pretty laughable)

It reminded me of why I do this. Those memories are priceless and not a one of them did I remember until we read the post out loud.

I am reminded not only of the memories I am preserving but of the community I have missed while I have been absent from this world.

I miss y'all.

Obviously now that I am working, my time to read blogs is much more limited. At the end of the day, after working on a computer all day, I am not that keen on logging onto Google Reader.

While I was on vacation, I did have the time and I realized how much I missed reading my favourite blogs.

So what does this mean?

I hope it means that I will make the time to do something I love.

It's not a promise but it's darn close.

9 comments:

Jen Wilson said...

Oh yay!! I love it when you feel a revival of sorts when it comes to blogging. I haven't been reading too many lately either, but whenever I want to stop writing, I think about how much my memory sucks and that even if I'm just posting a couple photos and saying This Is What We Did Today, it's worth it. Every word. A thousand readers or zero readers, it's worth it.

xoxo

ps. thanks for reminding me ... I have to get on the blog book thing, I'm really far behind!

Amy said...

Well "welcome back" then!

Ashley said...

We'll all be glad to have you back! I also think sometimes that taking a blogging break when the heart's not quite there is key. It gives you the right to enjoy the greatest blessing about blogging - It's for pleasure not by obligation.

Angella said...

I totally hear you on this. Just when I wonder if I should stop, I'll read an old post and be reminded of why we do this.

I also hear you on the work thing. Since going back (and having to charge my time), my week day Internet time is sparse. I just stick to reading my favorite blogs. Like yours. :)

Anonymous said...

I could have written this EXACT post! I started blogging in 2005 and last year I lost my enthusiasm for it. I wish for a HUGE blogging revival!! Facebook has a lot to answer for. I tend to post more on there, things I would have saved up for my blog, and I know many friends have given up blogging altogether because of FB and Twitter.

I agree with Jen, I NEED to record things on my blog or else I'll forget them. So even though my posts are a lot less frequent, I know I'll never quit completely. It IS worth the effort :-)

Cheryl said...

I miss your posts!! But since I talk to you daily I still feel connected...kinda...
Write more, you're so good at it!

Debbie said...

I totally understand. I know my blog and blog reading/commenting goes way down when work is busy or there's a lot going on in life. Which is really too bad, because those are the times you want to capture!
Lately I've been using scheduled posting more and more.
I always love reading your blog, so it's always a treat to see a new post.

Unknown said...

It is SO wonderful to look back, much like the scrapbooks I used to make! HA!

I hope you'll keep it up.

LOVE that photo and how you made that flower stand out. SO cool.

Zinn said...

People get busy eh. I've had times where I'm like - I haven't blogged in a while - I have to write something now! But then it just isn't as good. When I have time to write, and I have stuff to write about, then it's the good stuff! Keep on blogging! I:)