Friday, April 29, 2011

So....

Hopefully a blog post inspiration



Here I am two weeks later, trying with all my might to eke a blog post out.

See that above? That is my day planner. No it isn't as full as some people's, I am sure. But it's busy for me.

I am not going to compete with anyone to see who is busier. Oh how I hate that. Your busy does not outrank my busy. My busy is my busy. (or something...)

I have always believed that we make choices and "the busy" is just another choice we make.

I made a committment. So I have to be busy. But, I don't necessarily have to like it.

My biggest issue is that I don't seem to have the energy to do the things I love to do anymore. My camera is dusty. This blog is dusty for goodness sake. Don't ask about the coffee tables.

Sure, if I never sat down to relax for five minutes, I would have the time. But without the relaxing there is nothing left for the creative energy to do the things I love. Without the creative energy, there is no creativity. With the relaxing there is no time. See my problem? Vicious circle.

Sure I could cut back on sleep but what purpose would that serve? None, I assure you. Life is too short to go through it sleep deprived.

The problem is, how can life be fulfiling without the things we love?

So.

This is where I am. Trying to figure it all out.

For myself.

10 comments:

Angella said...

I hear you. SO, so hear you.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I hear you too!

Lori said...

I can so relate on many days

Jen Wilson said...

Ah, life, hey?

xoxo

Ashley said...

My sister in law and I JUST had this conversation on Monday. Busy is all relative (as is pain tolerance, it can't be judged because it can't be felt by anyone other than it's owner). We both lead very different lives, with very different commitments and we are both "busy". Rather than compete we do out best to encourage each other through the busy-ness and find time to enjoy the loves/people in our life as we go!.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and that there are people to help make the "busy" feel less crazy :)

Jen said...

Looks busy to me!

I think it's funny that people want to be the "busier" one. How backwards is that, hey?!!?

Cheryl said...

i like that..we are as busy as we choose to be...sometimes it backfires on us....
take time each week to do those things you love, schedule it in, just like you do your workouts! Carry that camera with you..you have such great talent there!!

Unknown said...

Looks full to me! I KNOW your busy is busier than my busy!! ;-P

Hugs girl!

Debbie said...

Hear, hear!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

(Hugs)

Kristin said...

Totally great post Kami, as usual, it is fun to read what you have to say. :)