Sunday, July 08, 2007

Confessions of a tree hugger

First off, oy with the spelling mistakes and typos in the last post. Apparently I am unaware of the modern day conveniences of spell checker. I think I fixed them. Or I need Hooked on Phonics.

Secondly, I have to confess that I broke one of my green rules. The one about the A/C that I have been commenting on lately.

Yeah, a 40 degree day with no hint of a breeze will cause me to break down. I came home Friday night from girls night out (Whee!) at midnight and the house was like a sauna even with the windows OPEN. I think it was still about 30 degrees out. This is SO uncommon for here.

I went to check on the boys and Kamden's head was soaked in sweat.

I closed the windows and turned on the A/C.

It ran all. night. long.

We turned it off in the morning and have been back to using windows to enjoy the wonderful cool breezes that have arrived since.

*Hangs head in shame*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's all about moderation, my dear. No need to hang your head :)