Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kindergarten Kamden and Grade 3 Jack

The boys are at their first day of school. What's a mommy to do on her first morning alone but do a post?

This little munchin,

Kam riding horse

has turned into this handsome boy.

IMG_4963

And this little chub,

renashirt-2

has morphed into this handsome young man, seemingly over night.

IMG_4961

Grade 3, seriously?

IMG_4965

I am going to miss them. A little. But I am also focusing on the fact that I can get my work done while they are at school and we can have more time together as well as the fact that in only ten months we get another two months together. The way time is flying that will feel like tomorrow anyway.

And in case you were wondering, I almost didn't cry this morning. I was fine, until I read the note from Kamden's teacher along with the kleenex and tea bag, yeah, that got me teary eyed for sure. I made a quick recovery and in a mere 20 min I will pick them both up for lunch.

It's the end of an era and the start of a new and exciting one. Right? RIGHT?

Photobucket

18 comments:

Angella said...

RIGHT.

LOVE the photos too.

Cheryl said...

Of course!!! We all must go through this... my turn is a comin!!!!
Ok, seriously adorable.....is it not August though> Why oh why must we wear jackets!!!!!!

Kami time sounds like a perfect plan, lord knows you deserve it!

Unknown said...

RIGHT.
great pictures...

Anonymous said...

Great post Kami and great pictures. Kamden as a baby I almost forgot how cute he was :-)

Candace

Lori said...

love the pictures... hope their first days went smoothly

Debbie said...

Right!

Isn't it amazing how the way we measure time changes? Right now, as a mother of a child in school (preschool counts, right?), it's definitely in stretches or 10 months, followed by 2. Haha.

Natalie said...

okay, i'm missing my girl today and reading that you get to pick yours up for lunch makes me even more sad. i'm ready for it to be 3:15 NOW!

anyway, yes, time is flying by...but this season will be fun too!

very cute babies they were and what handsome little guys they are now!

Alicia W. said...

Your EXACTLY right! :) Hugs Kami! I know that had to been hard for you.

Unknown said...

Right!! I'm sure they're going to have a great year. Such good looking lads you have there my friend! Hugs to you mommy!

Debo Hobo said...

Hang in there girl, boys never really leave their mommas.

It will be fine....

Jen Wilson said...

You'll LOVE it! The quiet! The getting the work done while they're in school! The being able to read more blogs (ha)!!

Had fun this morning :)

TheFitHousewife said...

So adorable, so grown up! I'm already hyperventilating about my oldest going to preschool...deep breaths, deep breaths. I can't imagine the feeling when they are all in school! Good luck!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

They ARE beautiful, Kami. Hope this new stage is a great one.

LVGurl said...

It's the start of a new era!! But man... do they grow up fast.

Kami said...

Sorry for the late post, I've been at the beach:

Both boys in school!!! Wow! You are an accomplished Mama! What are you going to do with all that time?
I am impressed to hear you held it together for the most part. Better than I will do, I'm sure...on that day, far, far, far in the future. DO NOT DISILLUSION ME about how far away it is.
Congratulations, Kami! Great job! Hope the boys have enjoyed their first few days!!

Don Mills Diva said...

Right.

I will try to remember that when my baby starts junior kindergarten on Tuesday.

Kristin said...

Cute! Your brave post gave me hope, mine are off without me next week.

Karen MEG said...

They are growing so quickly! They are really little young men now, how'd that happen?

Oh, you enjoy the time that you have to yourself, knowing that they'll be coming back to you for lunch (yay)...and you'll have the summer again before you know it.

Sitting where I am right now, I can't help but feel wistful and bit envious, and wonder if I'm doing the right thing...because it is all about me after all, isn't it ;)?