Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Subjects that don't make faces

Last weekend, Jay and I had the pleasure of looking after one year old twins while their parents went out for some much needed couple time. Rachel and Alex belong to my good friend, Candace and are so. much. fun.

They also hold still long enough to let me get a picture without making a face. Bonus. So while they were playing, I pulled out the old camera and set about snapping like the best of 'em (well not really like the best of them at all but a reasonable facimile thereof). Because I might look a little freakish hanging multiple photos of someone else's kids in my house, I am going to post them here. So not the same thing, right? RIGHT?

Here, Alex is laughing hysterically at his big brother (Oh yes, Logan and Hannah were also here, the twins older siblings - they, however, do not hold still for photos). There is nothing like the belly laugh of a baby. Nothing.

Rachel did not appreciate us keeping her from going outside to climb up the slide. She walks right up it like nobody's business. Did I mention she's one. As in 12 months. My heart could not take it.

Kidding, like I didn't have both hands on her the whole time (neurotic, yes I am), we kept them in to save them from the blood sucking parasites, aka mosquitoes. And I know what you are thinking, "you could deny that adorable face?" What can I say? Heart of stone over here.


This one was really hamming it up for the camera. This just shows how different their personalities are. Alex is all about the hamming. Rachel, the climbing. Hamming fits perfectly with the camera, climbing not so much because it requires both of my hands on her, at all times. Ain't no broken bones happening on my watch!

_MG_4563-1

Dude is going to break a million hearts one day. Those blue eyes go on for miles and miles.



This one just cracks me up, she's all, "What you lookin' at Willis?"
Why don't my double chins look this adorable?

Together, these two are going to rule the world.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

adorable...great job!!!

Kami said...

Ack! Those little teeth! Those huge blue eyes! They kill me in an oh, it's too cute, stop, stop. please! sort of way! You must have had so much fun!

Alicia W. said...

I would keep those little cuties any day of the week. I bet you had a ball. Then again, I could totally see how you were nervous about them getting hurt. That stage they are in is very clumbsy, lol. Love your pic's.

Jen Wilson said...

the third-from-last photo is INCREDIBLE! Wow.

Glad you had a good time with them!!

Cheryl said...

yummy babies! I love them, so adorable!!!!
You are a fantastic sitter....can you move closer to me please?

Unknown said...

Oh golly Molly they are cute! And yes, those blue eyes are phenomenal! I love that one of him just staring wide-eyed at the camera. These are some good pics girl! : )

R Royal Family said...

great pics kami! i loved this post but i suppose i am a bit biased ;-) this post seems to go in conjuction with the post i have up on my blog about my little miss climber.