1. What is his name? That’s a loaded question… he goes by Jay, but his real name is Johan. As a kid he went by his initials, JJ. By the time I met him he had shortened it to Jay. I think some people think that I was the one who insisted it be shortened but that’s not true. He introduced himself to me as Jay. To this day, if someone calls him JJ, I just don’t know who they are talking about.
2. Who eats more? Me. Which is why I also exercise more.
3. Who said, “I love you” first? No idea. It was 15 years ago…we’re both aging… you get the idea
4. Who is taller? Jay is and he’s just the perfect amount taller.
5. This one got lost but Teeni came up with a new one - Who drives most when you are out together? He does. He practically does all the driving when we go anywhere together including on long trips. I am the navigator, we like it like this. I hate driving, he hates being a passenger. We were made for each other, no?
6. Who is more sensitive? I don’t know. This one might be a tie. We are both sensitive about certain things. We also know each other’s sensitivities and try to be respectful of them.
7. Who does the laundry? We both do. I also love that I don’t have to tell him to. He simply notices that the hampers are full and does it. Including putting it away. Hands off ladies, he’s mine!
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. That’s the side the bathroom is closest too. Enough said.
9. Who pays the bills? I used to but somehow he has gotten shafted with that chore. Maybe because I hate that sort of thing?
10. Who cooks more? This is probably fairly equal too. I might cook a bit more but he likely does the laundry more often. It’s all even.
11. Who is more stubborn? Yeah, that would be me by a landslide. He’s not overly stubborn about anything. Well except one thing but one thing is not much!
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? I think we both own up to this one pretty well. It might take a bit of time but we come around.
13. Who has more siblings? He wins by one – one of each for him and I have a brother.
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Pants? We both wear pants Sometimes I wear skirts although I have never seen him in a skirt. We both wear shorts.
15. What do you like to do together? Hmmm, lots of things ;-)
16. Who eats more sweets? Yeah, that again would be me.
17. Guilty Pleasures? Hmm, trips to the spa, chocolate, eating out…not sure that we feel overly guilty about any of those things though…maybe this is more the response to what we like to do together.
18. How did you meet? Long story. It involves a bar, a hotel and the stretch and yawn move. We are lots of things but boring is not one of them.
19. Who asked whom out first? Jay asked me for my phone number the first night I met him. I was very tempted to not write the correct number as I didn’t know him well at all. I am glad I didn’t. VERY glad.
20. Who kissed who first? I cannot remember, it was 15 years ago. I do remember that I was driving his car (I was DD) and I reached down to make sure I had my wallet, instead of my wallet, I came up with his hand. I do think that was before the kiss though….
21. Who proposed? He did after much cajoling and harping from me.
22. His best features and qualities? I love his smile, it makes my day. And his laugh. If I can make him laugh that pretty much puts a skip in my step. He is also the most intuitive and observant man I have ever met. There is not need to nag him, ever. Well except about the getting married thing but that was 11 years ago, we’ll let it go know. No really, I hardly ever bring it up to remind him how right I was.
23. Tag some peeps. I tag the following people to do this meme: YOU!